Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Tartan Tale

















I’m going to quote Gwen Stefani, lead singer of No Doubt, fashion designer and well-known fan of all things plaid and tartan, when I say “This shit is Bananas – b-a-n-a-n-a-s!”

MAC, who are “no doubt” the best make-up brand in the universe have just released their latest Christmas collection of bags, brushes, eye-shadows, blush + lip colours. They are inspired by the Scottish Highland colours and traditional tartan fabrics. It’s a little random for Christmas, but hey, what do I know – I don’t even celebrate the damn holiday.

I will most likely be purchasing this for myself, as I don’t partake in gift-giving, but if anyone would like to give me a present, here’s a hint!

If you've never really gotten into make-up like I have, I recommend investing in one of these bags of brushes - a chic bag filled with staple brushes for daily use that you won't regret buying. Make-up, in my opinion, is 30% product, 30% skill (which can be easily learned) and 40% tools. If you use the right tools, you can create a masterpiece. Also, individual eye-shadows are usually $30+ each, so these palettes are always a cheap alternative and they do all the hard work for you in their selection of complementary and supplementary colours.


Do you like the look of these cute compacts? We would love to carry these in our bags over summer-time, especially the lip-gloss and blush palettes for a Summery touch-up on the go.

I think we can safely say that these babies are going to sell out fast, so snap yours up ASAP at MAC stand-alone stores, Myer or DJ's.

Love,

Wear + Tear.

No comments:

Post a Comment