Friday, July 8, 2011

Snaking around: The rise and fall of Topshop

Topshop kills me.
Most of the time it's a great way of seeing fast trends, well, fast! But lately, it seems they're lowering their standards in several ways, and this is so disappointing.

For my birthday, I wanted some simple black boots with a mid-heel, and I found these on Topshop, with silver zips down both sides. These were not disappointing and I am very happy with my purchase, however I ordered a 41, even though I'm always a 40, and thank SHOES I did, because they fit snugly.

The second item I purchased was a black leather jacket with chocolate brown sleeves. In tops I am usually a 10-12, so I ordered a UK12 in the jacket so it'd be a bit looser and I could wear a few layers under it for Winter. When it arrived, I immediately saw it was too small. I got one of the girls at work to try it on, and then another. It fit like an 8.

To cut a long story short, I complained online, received no reply, applied for a refund, posted it back ($45 later) and still haven't received a reply to my hand-written letter I put in the parcel or my money back.

And now what do they do?

Release the most hideous pants I've seen in a long time:


I mean, really!
That coating is so thick, and it's stretchy fabric, so the print will 100% crack and peel.
And the high polyester content will make them like wearing plastic pants (Sauna skins?)

So yeah.

I'd buy shoes again from Topshop, but that's about it.

Love,

Wear + Tear

No comments:

Post a Comment